Divorce is the legal process for concluding a marriage. Finances and disputes about children are dealt with separately. The only ground for divorce is irretrievable breakdown of the marriage.

Divorce can be proved by 1 of the following facts: 

  • Adultery 
  • Unreasonable behaviour 
  • Desertion for 2 years 
  • Separation for 2 years with consent 
  • Separation for 5 years (no consent needed) 

Prior to initiating any divorce proceedings you need to have been married for at least 1 year. 

Divorces are usually dealt with by paperwork unless it is contested. 

We offer a FIXED FEE for uncontested divorces as well as contested divorces.

Money and Property 

Financial Remedy is the legal term for sorting out finances and property on divorce. It is better for couples to try and agree these issues outside of Court. It is advisable to have any agreement incorporated into what is known as a Consent Order so it is binding upon both of you. 

We can assist and advise you on what would be a fair settlement in your case depending on the financial disclosure, help negotiate the settlement and draft the Consent Order accordingly. If no agreement can be reached then a Judge will become involved and will make the decision for you.

This Court process can be lengthy. It is essential that Court documents are completed correctly. We can deal with this paperwork for you and also deal with the hearings at Court that will be arranged although you will also have to attend.

We offer a FIXED FEE for financial remedy proceedings. 


If you cannot agree where the children are to live, or the frequency and duration that the non-residing parent is to have contact with the children then a separate application will have to be made to the Courts for this matter to be dealt with.

There are 2 types of Child Arrangement Orders;

  • Live with – the Court can decide which parent the child will live with, or if they will live equally with both parents.
  • Spend time with – when parents cannot agree the arrangements for the child to spend time with the parent they do not live with, the Court can decide the exact timings.

We can provide advice and professional support in both areas.

If you wish to make any changes to a final Court Order you can apply to the court to vary a child arrangement order if this is something you are unable to agree with the other parent. You should apply to vary the terms of the order, rather than denying access or breaching the order and potentially allowing the other party to apply for enforcement proceedings.

We offer a FIXED FEE for child arrangement proceedings. 

Domestic Violence

Domestic abuse can take many forms and not just physical. Domestic violence includes, emotional, psychological and financial abuse. 


We can assist by making an application to the Courts for a non-molestation injunction or an occupation order, both of which can be obtained within 24 hours if necessary. 

We can signpost you to free counselling agencies to ensure that measures are in place to protect you immediately.

Our team is fully experienced and can represent you at Court at short notice.  We do our utmost to provide advice and support to ensure that our clients particularly those that are vulnerable, feel comfortable and protected.

We also assist those clients who need to defend themselves against fabricated allegations made by someone they were once close to. We help provide a clearer picture to the Courts, by way of drafting robust statements on their behalf so that our clients are not prejudiced in any way. 

We offer a FIXED FEE for injunction related matters.